St Mary - Elmbridge
This was until 1877 a Chapelry attached to the Dodderhill parish. It is a delightful small building consisting of chancel, nave and north aisle. The south doorway dates from the 12th century and has a zigzag carving on the arch. Inside, though much restored in the 19th century, there are Norman pillars in the nave. The Communion table and rail are 17th century and came from the Catholic chapel at Purshall Hall in the same parish. Memorials include one to Edmund Purshall, died 1650, whose family lived at the Hall, but the Dannett family of Elmbridge are remembered by a monument in St Augustine’s Church, Dodderhill.