Webbs of Wychbold is an award winning garden centre.
The story began in 1922, when 37 acres of land were purchased in Wychbold to develop trial grounds for seeds. The small thatched cottage seen from the A38 was one of the original buildings. Major Webb lived at Old Astwood Farm for many years and the trial grounds for seeds and flowers were planted adjacent to the Birmingham and Gloucester (B.A.G.) railway line so that the passing train travellers might be tempted into buying packets of Webb’s seeds for sowing.
Many of the nursery workers were from Wychbold.